3rd Quarter Tuition Assistance Application Deadline - June 14th, 2013
Tuition Assistance applications for trainings in the 3rd Quarter 2013 (July, August & September) are being accepted until June 14th, 2013.
To apply for tuition assistance:
Candidates must fully complete the Training Assistance Program Application form.
- The original document (not faxed) must be at our office by close of business, Friday June 14th, 2013.
- Send in a $15 non-refundable Application Fee.
- The Tuition Assistance Committee reviews these applications – especially the narrative questions and financial documentation – in detail.
- Also, please ask that your “sponsor” (the person who introduced you to Pathways) writes a letter on your behalf. The committee then determines the amount of scholarship money the candidate will receive.
- Use one of the following links to download a copy of the tuition assistance application.
Tuition Assistance FAQ's
Why is there a $15.00 application fee?
In any program, which offers services, money or awards, there are expenses related to use, verification and accountability. Pathways Alumni Association is delighted to offer the Training Assistance Program and must have a means to absorb the cost associated with such an assistance program. Without such an administrative fee, the Alumni Association would be required to utilize the expenses from the funds, which would otherwise be utilized to assist those trainees in need.
Why is the fee non-refundable?
This is an administrative fee for processing applications, including, but not limited to letters, telephone calls, etc… to verify the information prior to referring the application to the Scholarship Committee for evaluation. This fee is not a punishment; these costs are associated with each application that is submitted.
What is the appeal policy?
The decision of the evaluating committee is final. A new application may be submitted at any time.
Must the sponsor be an Alumni Member for a potential trainee to apply?
No, however, the evaluators will weigh the applicants whose sponsor is a member more heavily than those whose sponsor is not a member.
How will the financial assistance be determined?
Financial assistance is determined by the Pathways Training Assistance Committee, which is composed of Pathways graduates. The amount of assistance is based on demonstrated need of the individual or family (for Teen and Family camp).
Once the Training Assistance Application and required documents have been submitted, you will be notified by mail with the decision of the committee.
May I do anything in return for this assistance?
Submitting a short note about how you or your family benefited from your experience is appreciated.